Saturday, April 16, 2011

Apathy

I don't feel like writing today
please go away, I've nothing to say
I don't feel like writing today.

My heart has gone and disappeared
doesn't strike me as weird, just as I feared
just simply gone and disappeared

I'm left with nothing to feel,
it seems so unreal, my chest cold as steel,
it doesn't even hurt to not feel

My soul's silence echoes no plea
I'm no longer me, he's gone off to flee
too distant to echo his plea

and the silence longs for no sound
I've gone all around, and all I have found
historical references to the beauty of sound

my body longs to be still
it has had its fill, no longer finds thrill
and now wants to rest and be still

and the world ever calls out so
still you must go, you're moving to slow
Oh, how I wish it weren't so.

No comments:

Post a Comment